[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers and WFS calls using IP address

Wendy Cameron Wendy.Cameron at justice.govt.nz
Fri Aug 13 01:23:24 EDT 2010

Hi All

Sorry for newby question but we are experiencing strange problems when we put a IP address in the URL of WFS request:

Code is

var blockFilter = new  OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison({
            type: OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison.EQUAL_TO,
            property: "BLOCK_ID",
            value: 4777
        });
  var wfslayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Testing", {
   //styleMap: styles,
   strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
   reportError: true,
   visibility: false,
   filter: blockFilter,
   protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
     url:  "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
     featureType: "MV_BLOCK_SUMMARY",
     propertyNames: ["BLOCK_ID", "BLOCK_LOCATION"],
     featureNS: "http://justice.govt.nz/gis",
     featurePrefix: "gisdev",
     version: "1.1.0" ,
     srsName: "EPSG:900913",
     //maxFeatures: "20",  // -- NOTE: useful as limit feature size to client browser.
     geometryName: "BLOCK_LOCATION"
     })
  });
  map.addLayer(wfslayer);

When we change local host to an actual server ip address the request is generated incorrectly and the server is never contacted and their are no post parameters in firebug.

Any ideas what the deal is here?

Headers come out with an IP address as
OPTIONS /geoserver/wfs HTTP/1.1
Host: gisdev.justice.govt.nz:8080
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:22:35 GMTBut all the post data is their etc which indicates the request is correct.

Regards Wendy

This e-mail message and attachments do not necessarily reflect the views of
the New Zealand Ministry of Justice and may contain
information that is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail message or its attachments. If you
received this message in error, please notify the Ministry of Justice
by telephone (call collect: 00-64-4-918-8800) or return the
original message to us by e-mail, and destroy any copies.
Thank you.