[OpenLayers-Users] Styling OpenLayer.Control.AgsQueryTask

Frank eucloid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:50:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm already able to style a layer, using the styleMap.

But what I really want to do is when I do a esri query for all STATES (in
United States), to just get the list of features in the callback and do any
drawing myself. What it does right now is that it draws by default a
semi-opaque orange layer over all the returned features (states), and I
don't know where this comes from.

The AgsQueryTask comes from august's sandbox, but I guess there already
exists a solution to style an OpenLayer.Control query result.

So that's my question! Example and code is below:

My work area if you want to see some js code is:
http://oligny.com/unitedstates_rev3.php

And the code in which I want to modify the style would be line 214
    g_agsQueryTask = new OpenLayers.Control.AgsQueryTask("
http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Specialty/ESRI_StatesCitiesRivers_USA/MapServer/2",
null,
    [
        statesCallback
    ],
    {}  // <-- I already tried a styleMap in there.. .no changes.
    );
    map.addControl(g_agsQueryTask);
    g_agsQueryTask.activate();

Click on the button "statesExecute" that will trigger
g_agsQueryTask.execute("all, ..., ...), then wait a few seconds and it will
draw a default-color orange layer on all states (where does this layer comes
from and how can I style it?!?). BTW I've modified the AgsQueryTask class to
be able to return all features instead of just matching a geometry (areas
and points).

Thanks,
Francois