[OpenLayers-Users] Software under windows for using openlayers patch files.

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Fri Aug 20 01:02:04 EDT 2010

On Aug 20, 2010, at 12:35 AM, ext Phil Scadden wrote:

>  Neither tortoisesvn nor gnuwin32/patch recognise the patch file format
> used in openlayers trac. Am I missing something or can someone point me
> at an appropriate tool? I am using save as from the browser and get an
> xml file format. Its really tedious applying a long patch by hand.

I'm not sure what you're clicking.

If I open:

  http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1987

and click:

  http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/1987/class.2.patch

then scroll to the bottom of the page, and click:

  http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/1987/class.2.patch?format=raw

I get a standard unified diff format, which anything that applies
diffs can understand.

If you're just saving:

   http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/1987/class.2.patch

then you're just getting HTML, not even XML, and I don't expect
anything could apply that as a patch, no. :)

-- Chris