[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature with highlight, toggle

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu Aug 26 17:18:05 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Christian Niemitz-Rossant
<cnr at m-click.de> wrote:
> I have some troubles using feature selection with highlight and toggle:
>
> In the OpenLayers example highlight-feature.html I replaced the line 55
> which is
>
> {clickout: true}
>
> by
>
> {toggle: true}
>
> Then I applied these steps
>
> 1. move cursor on the left triangle => triangle is highlighted
> 2. click on the left triangle => triangle is selected
> 3. move cursor out of the triangle => triangle is still selected
> 4. move cursor on the left triangle => triangle is highlighted
> 5. click on the triangle => triangle is normal

I don't observe that. It gets selected in my case, which is expected I guess.

> 6. move cursor out of the triangle => triangle is still normal

It remains selected for me.

> 7. move cursor on the triangle (no click!) => triangle is highlighted
> 8. move cursor out of the triangle => triangle is shown as selected (without
> click!?)
>
> So somehow the select and the highlight get confused about the correct
> style. The feature is not selected, but it is displayed as selected.

Indeed. If I click the feature again to toggle it I also observe
incorrect behavior when moving out and in.

> It looks like a bug to me, but maybe there is another proposed way to use
> highlight AND toggle at the same time (and hopefully including multiple).

So yes there's a bug. Can you please create a ticket for it please?

Thanks for reporting the problem.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS