[OpenLayers-Users] Problem registering events for a GetFeature control

Alexander Petkov greenkov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 10:35:47 EDT 2010

Hi:
I am trying to follow the example for the GetFeature control shown here:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeature-wfs.html

Problem code is here:
http://wfas.smoke-fire.us/testapp/examples/getfeature-wfs.html

Basically, I cannot get an indication that the events for the
GetFeature control are registering.
The alert statements are to indicate that the events indeed occur.
When I modify the events for the orig example in Firebug, the alerts
indeed pop up.

Can another set of eyes spot why the events for the GetFeature control
in my code do not register?
I see that I get a response from the server after a POST request, so
that's good... The reason why I don't see the alerts from supposedly
registered events is eluding me...

Ultimately I am trying to extract the WKT for any selected feature.

Thanks in advance,
Alex