[OpenLayers-Users] Defining custom layer for overview map, please help

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Mon Aug 30 15:01:04 EDT 2010

I am having issues defining a custom layer for my overview map. Is it
possible to use a layer that is not the base map? What I am trying to do is
use 3 custom layers for my overview but I don't want these layers to be
visibile in the layerswitcher (which is easy) or the actual map itself
(which I can't figure out). I have tried to define which layer the overview
map is using in the options which I have included below but it doesn't seem
to be working, all the overview map does is use whichever base layer is
defined first and not my custom layer. Any help greatly appreciated! I have
tried adding Layers: layername to both in the options and in the control.add
and it still doesn't work there, maybe I am putting this in the wrong spot.

        // Construct overview map with non-default projection, units, and
extent
        var options = {
        projection: "EPSG:900913",
        units: 'km',
        maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(455402, 4967657, 473295, 4984095),
        numZoomLevels: 1
        };

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap({mapOptions: options, div:
container_overview}));