[OpenLayers-Users] how to limit to 1 the number of points of a vector layer

Alberto Valente alb.valente at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:56:11 EDT 2010

hi all,
starting from the Drag-feature example (
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/drag-feature.html) I need to limit to 1
the number of points which can be added to the vector layer
if the user, after having added one point, clicks again, the first point is
deleted and only the newly created remains.
I need this for localization purpose: i.e. "Dear User, tell me where
THAT_THING is" so the position must be unique.

I also need to extract coordinates from the point
(document.getElementById("x_coord").value = ???)

Can anyone help me?

thank you in advance!
alberto