[OpenLayers-Users] Transition effects when altering parameters/options

Per-Olof Norén pelle at alma.nu
Tue Feb 2 07:01:49 EST 2010

Hi all,

We´re currently using OL to view meterological data through WMS-T (ie supplying TIME and DIM_FORECAST_TIME parameters to WMSLayer). Standard OL tiled layer apart from this feature.
To accomplish navigation in TIME we have created a control that is used to provide a visual interface for the descrete timestemps. When stepping in time, Layer.mergeNewParams is called do set the current time viewed.
All this is working fine, apart from the fact that this is run in fullscreen which gives quite a number to be loaded when "zooming in time",  giiving the effect of no snappy switching as tiles are loaded with visible "holes" where tiles are not loaded. I Have been looking at transition effects and how its done.

Im looking for suggestions to how to implement backBufferTiles for parameter merging

Any suggestions?

regards,
Per-Olof