[OpenLayers-Users] WFS-T Update problem, wrong SRID for changed geometry

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Thu Feb 4 05:16:42 EST 2010

Hi

I have problem with WFS-T when I update geometry on map. I am using OL 2.8,
Geoserver 1.6.4 and PostgreSQL8.3 with Postgis 1.3.6. I am using google
layer as a base layer.
When I update the geometry on map and do commit() the geometry disappears! I
did not know what was happening until I check my database. Al my data are in
SRID 4326. When I execute SQL query "Select astext(the_geom) from my_table"
I got one geometry that is so much different from the other. It was a
geometry in google SRID. Why??? I check everything in QuantumGIS and my
changed geometry is far, far away from the place I wanted it to be.
I am also using WFS to add new data to database and there everything works
just fine!!
For update I am using  feature.state = OpenLayers.State.UPDATE;
For adding I am using  feature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT;

My WFS definition is

	zielona_wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS(
                "Zielona Gora WFS - drogi, postgis",
                "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?",
                {typename: 'topp:zielona_openstreets'},
                {
                    typename: 'zielona_openstreets',
                    featureNS: 'http://www.openplans.org/topp',
		    styleMap: wfs_style,
		    srs: 'EPSG:4326',
                    extractAttributes: true
                }
	);

Does anyone know what is wrong? Maybe there is a way to change the srs for
geometry that is being changed?

Regards,
Poul