[OpenLayers-Users] KML and area colorization

Vadim B. vbokin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:54:30 EST 2010

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem in IE7/8 as well - KML layer with a
shaded polygon has NO shading in Internet explorer but looks fine in
Firefox.

This can be replicated without my app code using the online samples

1) Browser to   http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html    in IE and FF

2) Select "KML" from dropdown

3) Download KML from
http://finder.geocommons.com/overlays/download/4433.kml
http://finder.geocommons.com/overlays/download/4433.kml .  Also attaching a
TXT with the KML data  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4550765/HurricaneKML.txt
HurricaneKML.txt

4) Click "add features"

* In FF - you see the hurricane path with a white outline and blue shading
* In IE - you see a white outline with no shading at all.

Can you please help explain what's going on?  Error in OL or bad KML?