[OpenLayers-Users] Clip WMS layers

Polet Guillaume guillaume.polet at trasys.be
Fri Feb 12 05:03:47 EST 2010

Hi,

I wondered if it was possible to have a Basic WMS layer (displaying for
example the whole world) and on top of that have a non-basic layer
clipped to a specific extent. The purpose of this is to display the
results of a catalogue of images clipped to the selected area of
interest selected by a user.
The Image layer can do the trick of course but it is a bit painful to
have to recompute constantly the url of the image to have a nice
resolution.
I tried to use two WMS layers with different extents but this does not
work (but maybe I have miscoded something).
I tried googling the mailing lists, forum and other stuff but I could
not find something useful so far.

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer this.

Guillaume