[OpenLayers-Users] IE8 error in VML.js

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Mon Feb 15 03:17:31 EST 2010

On 2010-02-15 09:07, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On Monday, February 15, 2010, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-02-14 12:50, Herman Badenhorst wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> My map works fine in mozilla firefox 3.5.7, but with IE8 am am getting
>>> the following error.
>>>
>>> Message: Unspecified error.
>>> Line: 85
>>> Char: 9
>>> Code: 0
>>> URI:
>>> http://cdewocat.unibe.ch/wocatQM_2/mapfish/client/mfbase/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Renderer/VML.js
>>>
>> You are creating your map too early. Execute your createMap method in a
>> document.onload handler (instead of Ext.onReady), and things will be fine.
>>
> Andreas, would you consider this a bug in Ext.onReady?

Not necessarily, because the documentation of Ext.onReady says

"Fires when the document is ready (before onload and before images are
loaded)"

*before onload*. Microsoft's documentation does not say when
document.namespaces is ready, but all our OpenLayers examples  use an
init function, which is bound to document.onload, because we know that
document.namespaces is available at the time document.onload is fired.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar