[OpenLayers-Users] catching zooming events

ahlah ahti.lahtela at pp.inet.fi
Thu Feb 18 02:51:34 EST 2010

Hi,

sorry but my explanation was probably not clear enough...

Minscale/Maxscale solution in Mapserver side is propabably the best solution
if the WMS-layer is overlay layer in OL client but I want to change the base
layer depending on zoom level.

I have 7 different topografic (raster) map levels in Mapserver. Most
detailed one is suitable if the resolution in client is <2m/pixel (zoom
level 6), next if 2<resolution<10m/px (zoom level 5), etc.....

I managed to change the base layers succesfully by catching "loadstart"
event of the layer in OL and changing the layer parameter of the request but
for some reason OL sends the same request twice and performance is poor.....

Is there way to select suitable layer automatically in WMS mapserver
depending the resolution? I think only the visiblity of the layer depends on
Minscale / maxscale, am I right?

BR,

al