[OpenLayers-Users] Multiple invoke by zoom, very bad performance

johnalvarado johnj.alvarado at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:45:20 EST 2010

Hello, I need your help.
I have a problem with openlayers in performance. I have an application that
has an interface where I show a map that is composed of two layers, but do
not directly invoking the Web service GIS, I do it through a servlet, I
apply a logic and stores information in a database data. But the problem is
that openlayer invoke the servlet 2^n times. Namely: 1 zoom = 2 invocations,
2 zooming = 4 invocations ... 5 zoom = 32 invocations, and this for each
layer, ie, if I have 3 layers, 5 zoom is 32 invocations*3 = 69!!!, generate
2^n*3 records in the database.

Is there any way to config openlayers to invoke only once per zoom?

Thank you very much for the attention or assistance offered.