[OpenLayers-Users] Color-coded maps with OpenLayers

Emmanuele Sordini emmanuele.sordini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:50:36 EST 2010

Dear all,
I'm faced with the task of adding a color-coded world map to my Java
web app, and showing it in an interactive form via OpenLayers. The map
should have clear regional borders, with light (or even white)
background, so that the countries can be painted individually, and
very few other features. I would probably break down this task into
2-3 subtasks:

1) Find a map layer with the suitable look and feel
2) Color the map (I would do that with some kind of Java API)
3) Show the map in OpenLayers

I do have a hunch #2 is the trickiest bit. Anyway, any help on the
subject will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Emmanuele