[OpenLayers-Users] about text layers

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Feb 24 10:43:34 EST 2010

Karina,

Karina Guardado wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hi

> but I would like that users could be able to click on one point and
> get the information without using this text markers. I found
> information about  vector and gml layers with text format but I would
> like to know how to use them to work with more than one layer  or if
> there are other solutions that someone could recomend.
You're right about using Vector layers.  It shouldn't matter if you have
more than one if you use the SelectFeature control for feature
selection.  You can give it an array of Vector layers, so, on your map,
regardless on which feature from any Vector layer, you should be able to
select it.

See more about this control in these examples :

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature-multilayer.html
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature-openpopup.html

Kind regards,

Alexandre