[OpenLayers-Users] Mouse Move in OL

Sveen Atle Frenvik (Geomatikk IKT) Atle.Frenvik.Sveen at geomatikk.no
Fri Feb 26 05:45:03 EST 2010

Oh, the code i sent was part of a larger class i had written, so i just stripped out unnessecarry things, but i think you can initialize it by

var map = new OpenLayers.Map("map");
new MouseOver(map);

(or you can edit the class to f.ex
GeoIKT.MouseOver = OpenLayers.Class({...code..});
and initialize by new GeoIKT.MouseOver(map); )

And you will of course have to extend the class in some way to handle the event. I guess i probably should have written this class as an OpenLayers.Event class, but this soultion worked for me, as i needed the functionality as part of a custom control.

Hope this helps, at least the basic idea of capturing mouse stops is outlined here.

-atle