[OpenLayers-Users] Does anyone have the projection definitions for all EPSG codes in Proj4js format?

Vadim Bokin vbokin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 19:17:35 EDT 2010

My map viewer is using Proj4js for re-projection and I know that it goes out
to http://spatialreference.org/ to get definitions that are not yet known to
OpenLayers through the /def/*.js files.

However, I know that my map client will be used on local network w/o any
internet connectivity.  It'll be connected to a map server on the LAN and
the base map can be in whatever projection, not just WGS84 or Mercator.
Data layers will come from the same LAN.

The map viewer is already built to support "any" projection as long as the
definition is known and the map client performs all necessary on-the-fly re
projections for vector data.

However, in this stand-alone environment, there is no access to Spatial
Reference website.

So I was wondering - does anyone have a JavaScript file - e.g. EPSG.js -
that has all of the definitions, or say "a lot" of definitions preloaded
ahead of time that I could load into OL at start up?

I'm thinking of a single file with a bunch of definitions

Proj4js.defs["EPSG:1111"] = "...;
Proj4js.defs["EPSG:2222"] = "...;

Or a zip file of individual files for all the WKIDs

e.g.

EPSG1111.js, EPSG2222.js, and so on.

Or perhaps someone from http://spatialreference.org/ here could comment if a
data-dump is available from your site?