[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Request.POST and character Ñ with safari

JuKiM rifins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 12:09:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any problem with the char 'Ñ' when calling
the server with a Request..

I make the call like this:

name_var1='This is text with Ñ';
name_var2='This is text with Ç';

xmlObj = new OpenLayers.Request.POST({
    url: "testing.asmx/aFunction",
    data: "",
    headers: {
        "Content-Type": "text/xml",
        "var1": name_var1,
        "var2": name_var2
    },
    callback: aFunctionResponse
});

In the server side function 'aFunction', when I get a call made with FF, IE
or Chrome the received values are correct, but when the call is made with
Safari, then the characters Ñ and Ç are given as strange characters ..
If I put an alert just before the request, the value of the vars is still
correct.
I think this is because the conversion of the character set in Safari, but..
How can I confirm/fix it?

Thanks!