[OpenLayers-Users] How to add ability to close info box using OpenLayers.Layers.Text

Shelly Moore shellym at sccwrp.org
Mon Jun 21 12:13:13 EDT 2010

Hello,
I am new to openlayers and have inherited a project I am trying to modify. Currently we use OpenLayers.Layer.Text to create a layer from a text file. This works well except when clicking on a marker you get an info box with no X in the upper right corner for closing the box. The only way to close the box is by clicking on the marker again - which isn't always easy because of the number of markers.

Is there any code I can add to add an X for closing the info box using this method? Also, is there any way to manipulate the text (font size, etc.) in the info box?

If there is no way to add an X for closing, is there a different method for bringing in a text file that would allow for this?

Thanks in advance,
Shelly