[OpenLayers-Users] debugging a wfs:getFeature problem

Charles Galpin cgalpin at lhsw.com
Fri Apr 1 11:56:28 EDT 2011

Hi All

Short version: I have a Vector layer using WFS that I set a filter on and call refresh and then handle the results in loadend. Something have broken and I want to get access to the raw xml returned from the server as firebug shows a parser error. What's the easiest way to do this?

Long version: I have an app that was working fine when I last used it but now is not, and I am trying to figure out what's wrong. About the only change I am aware of is in an upgrade to geoserver in the interim, which seems to be working fine in general. I have tested a wfs call on the commandline and the xml returned looks valid, although I am not sure how to reproduce the exact call from commandline with get (a POST) for some reason.

Anyway, I think the fastest way to figure this out is see what the server has returned.

tia,
charles