[OpenLayers-Users] relocate an point feature?

ulao S_K_U_N_X at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 10:26:50 EDT 2011

I have used the function for some time now to relocate features. It seem it
does not work right for points? I'm not sure this is the best way to
relocate a feature ( kind of silly IMO ) but it was the only example I had.
Is there a better way, or is there a reason it does not work with points?
The problem is the drawFeature. I see the x and y data changing so I know
that part is good, the item just does not relocate. If I use destroyFeature
it does in fact destroy it.

	{
		var objF   = this;
        var geomType =
objF.geometry.CLASS_NAME.replace(/OpenLayers.Geometry./,"");

        if(geomType=="Point") //icon and points
        {
			var newPts = ProjLatLon(inPts.lat,inPts.lon);
			objF.geometry.x = newPts.lon;
            objF.geometry.y = newPts.lat;
        }
        else if(geomType=="LineString")
        {   for(var j=0;j<objF.geometry.components.length;j++)
            {
				var newPts = ProjLatLon(inPts[j].lat,inPts[j].lon);
                objF.geometry.components[j].x = newPts.lon;
                objF.geometry.components[j].y = newPts.lat;
        else if(geomType=="Polygon")
        {
            var objFpt = objF.geometry.components[0].components;
            for(var i=0;i<objFpt.length-1;i++)
            {
				var newPts = ProjLatLon(inPts[i].lat,inPts[i].lon);
                objFpt[i].x = newPts.lon;
                objFpt[i].y = newPts.lat;
        objF.layer.drawFeature(this);