AW: [OpenLayers-Users] Showing EPSG:25832 Map via OpenLayers

jpvalappil jpvalappil at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 05:54:28 EDT 2011

Thanks Arnd. I have made the changes in the code based on your points

var map, l1;
window.onload = function () {
    var options = {
        projection: 'EPSG:25832',
        units: 'm',
        maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(644773, 5093382, 681804, 5113322),
        maxResolution: 'auto'
    };
    map = new OpenLayers.Map("map", options);
    l1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("a",
"http://192.168.0.14:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/map_demo_5.0/FarSystems_5_0.map",
{
        layers: 'ortofoto2009',
        transparent: 'true',
        format: 'image/png'
    }, {
        buffer: 1,
        isBaseLayer: true,
        visibility: true
    });

    map.addLayer(l1);
    map.zoomToMaxExtent()
}

I thought of avoiding the usage of proj4js unnecessarily and have removed
OpenLayers.Projection from my code. Since I don't use 'displayProjection'
property the inclusion of proj4js looked unnecessary. Also changed the value
of 'projection' for the map options to a string based projection value
rather than a projection object like earlier.

Thanks again for pointing out these items really appreciated

-----
Thanks in advance

Jayaprakash

India