[OpenLayers-Users] problem with WFS

manuele amicogodzilla at bruttocarattere.org
Fri Apr 8 04:03:53 EDT 2011

Dear OpenLayers users,
I'm an openlayers newbie, I'm trying to performe a basic example, I'm
interested in accessing a wfs service so I tryed to adapt this example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-states.html

I've downloaded from http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/web/ the shape
file of the data used in the example and uploaded it in my local
geoserver and published.

Here you can see how I have adapted the code for local use
html: http://pastie.org/1771013
js: http://pastie.org/1771025

the problem is that the vector data are not displayed on the map as
happen in the original example and I can only see the base layer via wms.
As I can see from the firebug it seems that the POST request for the wfs
data is not performed at all.

Can somebody help me?

thank you very much

cheers