[OpenLayers-Users] Drawing/modifying features in existing vector Layer

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Apr 8 12:12:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

Here's an old demo doing that (with an outdated version of OpenLayers +
TinyOWS) :
http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html

Here's the same demo with Ext 2.2 (to use a Ext.form.FormPanel instead
of plain html to render the form)
http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga-mapfish/bdgaWFS-T.html

If you're using GeoExt, you could take a look at the FeatureEditorGrid
ux widget (which could be combined to an existing vector layer instead
of a blank one) :
http://trac.geoext.org/wiki/ux/FeatureEditing
http://dev.geoext.org/ux/geoext.ux/ux/FeatureEditing/examples/feature-editor-grid.html

Finally, I've been working on a WFS-T ux widget using the above
FeatureEditorGrid ux (still in dev, in a sandbox). Its main purpose is
to automatically build everything needed to do WFS-T editing (using WFS
requests such as GetCapabilities and DescribeFeatureType) :
http://dev8.mapgears.com/geoext/mg-sandbox/geoext.ux/ux/WFSTFeatureEditing/examples/WFSTFeatureEditing.html
http://svn.geoext.org/sandbox/mapgears/geoext.ux/ux/WFSTFeatureEditing/

Best regards,

Alexandre

On 11-04-08 11:50 AM, Mustafa646 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am developing web map application using Openlayers&  Geoserver. I have
> displayed a vector layer (consists of more than 100 polygon features) over
> google map. Below is my question:
>
> Is it possible to modify any existing feature or draw a new feature in this
> vector layer which i have displayed over google map ?
>
> if yes, then how the changes will be saved back to GeoServer ? I have seen
> an example (WFS-t)
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html
>
> In this example, vector layer does not contain any features in it already.
> we can only add or modify a new feature and then save it. But in my case i
> need to add or modify an existing feature within the vector layer which i
> have displayed over google map.
>
> Need immediate help or useful suggestion, some code example will be
> appreciated.

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com