[OpenLayers-Users] Error with XMLHttpRequest.js line 222 - Internet Explorer 8?

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Tue Apr 19 13:36:25 EDT 2011

I am having an issue with the following lines in xmlhttprequest.js, the error
occurs when my map loads and whenever the mouse is moved to a different
location on the map the error occurs again. Any ideas on what could be
causing this and how I can go about fixing it? BTW it doesn't seem to be
affecting anything as everything still functions normally.. just need to get
the javascript error fixed, thanks!

// BUGFIX: Safari - fails sending documents created/modified dynamically, so
an explicit serialization required
        // BUGFIX: IE - rewrites any custom mime-type to "text/xml" in case
an XMLNode is sent
        // BUGFIX: Gecko - fails sending Element (this is up to the
implementation either to standard)
        if (vData && vData.nodeType) {
            vData    = window.XMLSerializer ? new
window.XMLSerializer().serializeToString(vData) : vData.xml;
            if (!this._headers["Content-Type"])
                this._object.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
"application/xml");
        }
        this._object.send(vData);

It fails on the line - this._object.send(vData)