[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers vs mobile vs google

Gilbert, Antoine AGilbert at korem.com
Wed Apr 27 10:32:08 EDT 2011

I just started again to play around with the new mobile stuff

When I use a WMS layer on top of an OSM layer, gesture previewing work great, fluid, etc.

For Google base layer, as discussed before, there is no gesture previewing, but I add a WMS layer on top the WMS layer is previewing correctly with gesture while Google layer stay unchanged until the end of the gesture. This is ok until the related DEV will be done.

But in that case (WMS + Google), performance are slow, the WMS layer image resizing is sloppy. I wonder why. The same CSS transformation than with OSM should be applied in the same way with the same performance?

Antoine