[OpenLayers-Users] Depending on scale to display data with different levels of generalization

Andrés Maneiro amaneiro at icarto.es
Wed Apr 27 13:05:52 EDT 2011

Hello,

to address performance issues with the server I am working with
(geoserver), one of the things I'd like to do is to publish multiple
data sources with different levels of generalization depending on the scale.

So, imagine I have 3 different scale ranges: low (country scale), medium
(state scale) and high (neighborhood scale). At country scale hospitals
will be not rendered, at medium range it will be displayed as points and
in high scale polygons will be showed.

Anyone has experience on doing that with openlayers? Some suggestions or
pointers to information?

best,
amaneiro