[OpenLayers-Users] Proxy works in FireFox but not in IE

Domenico De Rosa derosad at infinito.it
Thu Apr 28 07:29:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have developed a working OpenLayers web site succesfully tested with
FireFox.

Now I am trying to display it with IE 8, but the only way to see the vector
layer is to comment the proxy line and setting low security to enable cross
domain requests.

What am I doing wrong? Using a debugger (DebugBar) I can see the correct
reply from the server (GeoServer), but the layer is not constructed.

Here is the code:

OpenLayers.ProxyHost =
"http://tiqtracking/WebReportParcoOvest/Proxy.aspx?GeoUrl=";

vect = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Campata 23",{

    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],

    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1_1_0({

        url:
"http://10.3.26.48:8080/geoserver/wfs",

        featureType: "box",

        featureNS: "TrackingParcoOvest"