[OpenLayers-Users] Automatically detecting and deploying mobile OL

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 28 13:16:36 EDT 2011

Hello Puneet,

I can't speak to the best version of OpenLayers to use for Mobile.  But I have
made use of the mobile browser detection algorigthm available as open source
in multiple languages at http://detectmobilebrowser.com.

You can use that either server-side, or client-side.  The approach I have
taken is to detect it server-side in PHP and direct users to a different page
that is dedicated to presenting mobile interface.  I haven't yet brought in
OpenLayers mobile into that context, but I think when I do I'll use the dev
version (or maybe the next release if it is out in the relatively near
future).

Best regards,
Mike