[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers in Android

Dominik Mikiewicz dominikmikiewicz at o2.pl
Fri Apr 29 05:38:07 EDT 2011

Klaus,

You have a few options ;-)

* create a standard web app
* use a standard web app but copy all the stuff to the sd card and run
locally. You can copy map layers too so a device can be used when being
offline due to 3g service coverage problems
* use phone gap to expose host tools such as camera, gps, vibration, beeps,
etc. This can be used as the standard web apps above.

Any mixture of the above should give you some good results. Using phone gap
is easy and the app itself is still a standard (more or less) web app.
For the interface go for jquery mobile, or sencha touch. I prefer the latter
tough

So far I have tested this with a galaxy s, htc desire hd, motorola xoom -
all work ok (no pinch zoom in desire is a bit inconvenient), though Motorola
gives the best user experience of course.

Dominik