[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature and ModifyFeature

magiconair frank.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:54:07 EDT 2011

I have a map with two vector layers "*devices*", "*geofences*". The
"*devices*" layer contains features not modifiable by the user (e.g. a
circle for each device). The "*geofences*" layer contains polygons which the
user has created with the DrawFeature() control.

What I would like to do is the following:

1. Catch 'hover' events on 'devices' (e.g. for displaying a popup)
2. Allow the user to click on a polygon and immediately edit it

For that I have a *SelectFeature* control on the '*devices*' layer and a
*ModifyFeature* control on the *geofences* layer. However, it doesn't seem
to be possible to have them *both active at the same time*. When both
controls are active the 'hover' works but the 'edit feature' does not.

I've setup an example based on the select-feature-multilayer example under
this link.

https://go-left.com/maptest/ol/examples/select-edit.html
https://go-left.com/maptest/ol/examples/select-edit.html

Any help or insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Frank