[OpenLayers-Users] Poll: Common pitfalls when using OpenLayers / what annoys you the most?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 04:07:28 EDT 2011

most of the time, it's the silent failures which can be very
frustrating / confusing,
like when json fails to parse, an empty object is returned (might of
been fixed tho?)

it's also easy enough to mix up passing in parameters in options or
layer params,
having a heavy debug mode which validates struct parameters as being known
parameters would be helpful for beginners.

also spitting out performance warnings when adding 1000's of items to
vector layer in older versions of IE

there is a wealth of post's of common problems which people
have posted on the mailing list about