[OpenLayers-Users] Projection Problem

Mustafa646 noorcs22 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 12:18:09 EDT 2011

I want to discuss a scenario here to all.

1. I have developed a Web mapping application in Openlayer and GeoServer.
The customer give us shapefiles with native projection SWREFF99_1330
(EPSG:3008).  i published this shapefile on Geoserver after changing its
native projection from EPSG:3008 to EPSG:4326 by using ogr2ogr tool. The
layer displayed perfectly over Google map layer in my OpenLayer Web Page.

2. Again, I publish this shapefile on GeoServer with its native projection
(this time, without changing projection using ogr2ogr tool) and then i go to
my page and figure out that the layer was not visible over Google map layer.

Now, my question to all members:

Is there any way to change the native projection from EPSG:3008 to EPSG:4326
at client side (in my openlayer web page code) ? so that the layer should
display correctly over google base layer as in case 1.