[OpenLayers-Users] Grouped layer with different maxScale/minScale settings for each layer?

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 03:14:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a request to display 4 different borders depending on the map scale e.g
The country border for scales less than 1:1000000, the regional border for
1:200000 and greater, the county border for between 1:200000 and  1:50000 and
town borders for > 1:50000

If I load 4 separate layers into the map and define the min/maxscales then I
have 4 different layers in the tree....which clutters the tree with unnecessary
layers.

If I create a "grouped layer" in OpenLayers, then I can only set the
min/maxscales for the group and not separately for each layer.

If I modify the SLD for each layer
with <MinScaleDenominator>100000</MinScaleDenominator> then it becomes a
universal setting for the layer in every application.

What is the best way to achieve scale dependant visibility using the grouping
layer?

Thanks,

Rob