[OpenLayers-Users] Trigger mousemove event and hover feature

leene leene_85 at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 17 08:07:18 EDT 2011

Hi list,
I have a map in a "main view", but also a small map in a additional window. The
small map shows the map in a larger scale and its center is the current mouse
position in the main map. My aim is to hover a feature in the small map, if
there is such an object on the center coordinate. Because there is no real mouse
cursor the selectFeature control doesn't work.
My first try was to use a select feature control and to trigger a mousemove
event (with center coordinate) on the small map. Unfortunately the mousemove
event must be triggered with a "target" - which I don't know, of course. So I
have no further idea.

Can anybody help, please?

Regards,
Leene