[OpenLayers-Users] Bing Zoom Layer and Google Zoom Layer aligning

static101 jason at bt-systems.com
Thu Aug 18 20:35:01 EDT 2011

First off, I only started using the OpenLayer framework a few days ago. So
please be gentle.

I have two map layers, a Bing layer (using the new OpenLayers.Layer.Bing
constructor), and a Google Streets layer. (I had more but simplified to just
these two for debugging purposes).

I also have some tiles that get added (using OpenLayers.Layer.XYZ).

For the Google layer (or Open Street Maps layer) the tiles get overlaid just
perfectly with the zoom. However on Bing they do not. I discovered that the
zoom number is for bing is one less than Google. I think this is why my
tiles are not being overlaid correctly. Showing the same map area, Google
reports the zoom is 10, while Bing is 9.

I need to realign Bing to match Google. I tried using minLevelZoom and
numZoomLevels but this didn't seem to work.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thank you.