[OpenLayers-Users] Proxy.cgi not working

SeeJay hendrix.cj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 15:16:27 EDT 2011

I've read through several other posts on this topic, but haven't been able to
resolve my problem.

I'm running OL 2.11rc1 on Win7 64bit with Apache 2.2.19 and Python 2.7.

I'm using the standard proxy.cgi from
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/browser/trunk/openlayers/examples/proxy.cgi.

I'm calling it from my javascript using

OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";

It returns "500 Internal Server Error".

I have confirmed that python files with the .cgi extension will run: a
test.cgi script in the cgi-bin folder will execute from the command line.

I have changed the first line of the proxy.cgi file from
#!/usr/bin/env python
#!C:\Python27\python

I've tried disabling Kaspersky.

I'm not sure what else to try.  Ideas?