[OpenLayers-Users] My overview map is dark, but work. How come it is dark?

jk jk.chen at sdl.usu.edu
Fri Aug 26 13:44:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

I made my own map using the Map Server and client with OpenLayers. At zoom
out levels, my Overview map becomes dark, however, the box in there is
draggable. But, how come it is dark? How to fix that? Root cause?

Sorry, I'm very new to the map space. So, pardon me for the question. :-)
Here is the map file I used. Attached.
Here is the screen shot I got. Attached.
Here is the OpenLayers code used to create the map.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6729648/Dark_Overview_Map.jpg

OpenLayers code:

    this.wms_basic_layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
      wms.wms_layer_display_name,
      wms.wms_url,
      {layers: wms.wms_layer_name},
      {wrapDateLine: true});

  this.map.addLayer(this.wms_basic_layer)

Map file:

MAP # a Map file starts with MAP keyword
 #CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "c:\dev\ms_error.txt"
 #DEBUG 5
 IMAGETYPE      jpeg
 EXTENT         -180 -90 180 90
 SIZE           256 256
 SHAPEPATH      "."
 IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255
 CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"

 PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:4326"
 END

 WEB
  MINSCALEDENOM  1000
  MAXSCALEDENOM  7000000
  METADATA
   "wms_title"       "WMS Server"
   "wms_abstract"    "Vantage WMS Server"
  END
 END

 LAYER #basemap
  NAME         basemap          # layer name exposted to URL
  EXTENT       -180 -90 180 90  # cover the entire world
  TILEINDEX    "baseGN"         # referring to shape file
SHAPEPAH\TITLEIDEX.shp
  TILEITEM     "location"       # always "location"
  STATUS       ON
  TYPE         RASTER           # it's raster image
  METADATA
   "wms_title" "basemap"
  END
 END