[OpenLayers-Users] OL 2.11 Mobile, problem with panning

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu Dec 1 02:42:35 EST 2011

On Wednesday, November 30, 2011, Alex <zeitalex at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to migrate OL 2.10 PC aimed version to OL 2.11 Mobile one with
Google Layer v3. The major problem is the panning. It is not smooth
especially for Google Layer. While panning my WMS layer is moving
independently from Google Layer. Only after Panning is finished they fit
together again. Another problem is that the loading takes longer. I created
custom OL build but it did not really help.

> Anyone have similar issues?

I don't think the Google layer has received much testing (and interest up
to now) on mobile. OpenLayers doesn't itself move Google layers, but relies
on the Google Maps API for that. That may explain why your WMS and Google
layers aren't aligned while dragging. Another issue you'll have is with
pinch zoom. OpenLayers' pinch zoom only works for non-fixed/non-commercial
layers. So at this point I wouldn't recommend having Google layers in
OpenLayers mobile applications. Sorry.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS