[OpenLayers-Users] Features shift away from cursor on mouse scroll on google mercator maps

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 6 01:15:19 EST 2011

Hi All

I am experiencing an issue with mousewheel zoom in and out. In this
example[1] which is based on EPSG:4326, when I hold my mouse over a
place and zoom in using the scroll wheel, the original position
remains under the cursor at the new zoom level. In my own project[2]
which is based on EPSG:900913 and uses google maps v3 as a backdrop, I
don't get this behaviour. For example holding your mouse over Cape
Town and then scrolling in will result in the cursor being located out
at sea after the scroll event has completed.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is there any work around
of fix readily available before I start trying to roll my own? I am
using OpenLayers 2.11 by the way.

[1] http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/examples/navigation-control.html
[2] http://farminfo.co.za/
 * QGIS programming services