[OpenLayers-Users] pick an attribute from a wms layer when I draw a point in another vector layer

beppe beppenapo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 11:03:10 EST 2011

Hi all,
I've a function "A"[0] for picking an attribute from a wms layer, the
value is passed to a form.
I've another function "B"[1] for draw and save a point in a postgis
table (via geoserver), this function is triggered when I click the form
"save" button.
Function A works fine except when I want to insert a new point.
I want the function A to be triggered when drawing a point on the
map...but I don't know how!
Some suggestion?

thanks a lot

-beppe-

[0]
function comunePickFunc(e) {
	  if (e.features && e.features.length) {
	     var nomeComune = e.features[0].attributes.nome;
	     var id = e.features[0].attributes.id;
	     document.getElementById('comune').innerHTML = nomeComune;
	     $('#id_comune').val(id);
	     $.ajax({
		type: "POST",
		url: "inc/dinSelComune.php",
		data: {id:id},
		cache: false,
		success: function(html){$("#indirizzo").html(html);}
	      });//ajax

var comunePick = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
    url: 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms',
    title: 'identify features on click',
    layers: [comuni],
    queryVisible: true
});
comunePick.infoFormat = 'application/vnd.ogc.gml';
comunePick.events.register("getfeatureinfo", this, comunePickFunc);
map.addControl(comunePick);
comunePick.activate();

[1]
function salvaSito(fid){
   var fid =  OpenLayers.Util.getElement('fid').value;
   var feature = siti.getFeatureById(fid);
   feature.attributes.comune =
OpenLayers.Util.getElement('comune').value;
   feature.attributes.indirizzo =
OpenLayers.Util.getElement('indirizzo').value;
   feature.attributes.data = OpenLayers.Util.getElement('data').value;

   onFeatureUnselect(feature);