[OpenLayers-Users] Re: hover selectFeature : keep selection until new hover

snposm oded_brod at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 11:11:21 EST 2011

Hello,
I did as Eric suggested and it worked! ,thanks a lot Eric! When I hover over
a feature a popup opens and remains open until  I hover over a new feature
(then it closes and the new feature popup opens instead)
I would like to add another option where an opened  popup also closes when I
click anywhere on the map area
any ideas how to do that?

thanks
Oded

 P.S. here is my current code:

var last
var popup = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(vectorLayer,
			{	hover: true,
				highlightOnly: true,
				renderIntent: "temporary",

			callbacks: {
						over: function(feature) {
							destroyPopup(feature);
							last=feature;
							openPopup(feature);
							},

						out: function(feature) {}
		);

function openPopup(feature){
			last.popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud("pop",
					feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat(),
					null,
					'<div.....  /div>
					null,
					true,