[OpenLayers-Users] lingering vectors during zoom

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Dec 8 15:42:51 EST 2011

Are you sure that this also happens with base layers other than Google
Maps? With Google, it doesn't surprise me as we cannot control when
they perform zooms or pans. But with layers inheriting from
Layer.Grid, you should not be seeing this problem.

Andreas.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Brad Spencer <brad at numaps.com.au> wrote:
> List,
>

> I have an annoying small problem that maybe others have solved.
>

> When I overlay a WMS polygon layer rendered with a single SLD filter
> (Polygon Boundaries + Polygon Labels) and with singleTile: true set it works
> just fine. However, when I zoom in or out the basemap (googleMaps but same
> with others) clears away first and then it zooms in and the basemap tiles
> start to draw but the vectors sometimes remain for in pre-zoom scale which
> looks bad as the vectors are not aligned with the new scale of basemap.
> Eventually the vector layer is refreshed at the new scale and all is well
> again. Its not broken it just looks like a rather clunky transition.
>

> Using transitionEffect: ‘resize’ does not improve this. I have also tried
> toggleing the layer’s visibility in a zoom event to clear out the vectors
> then apply the visibility again with no luck. The only way around this is to
> tile the polygon boundary request but I have labels included and I prefer
> not to make two separate requests – one tiled and one untiled.
>

> I am using OL 2.10 and the same problem occurs on Chrome, IE and FF.
>

> Cheers, Brad...

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/