[OpenLayers-Users] New WFS layer will draw until map is zoomto

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Mon Dec 26 15:00:17 EST 2011

HI List

A slight problem with the WFS layer functions

I am trying to add a new WFS layer to my map when I hit a gwt  button, I
am using openlayers via the gwt plugin in.

I add a single wfs layer, when my button selected I make another request
to load a wfs layer.

I get the callbacks to say that layer has been loaded, but nothing is
displayed on the screen. If I zoom in, a update event occurs, and the
missing layer is drawn.

Q. When I load a 2nd WFS layer shown it be drawn then the endloading
callback is fired ?
Q. What is the offical way of refreshing a screen after a layer has been
loaded?

So far I have attempt to refresh the screen by

1. Calling the redraw call on the new layer.
2. Zooming to the maxevents of the new layer.
3. Using a refresh stratgy
4. Zoom to the current maginfcation.
None of this attempts worked.

The only proven way of doing it seems to be zoom in one increment.

Dave