[OpenLayers-Users] JQuery Mobile - Use WMSGetFeatureInfo in place of built in features

Mark Volz volzmark at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 08:27:11 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to configure the JQuery Mobile application so that instead of a click identifying the built in sprinters layer, it will identify using WMSGetFeatureInfo instead.  How do I assign the click event to WMSGetFeatureInfo?  Is it in controls or somewhere else?

       controls: [
            new OpenLayers.Control.Attribution(),
            new OpenLayers.Control.TouchNavigation({
                dragPanOptions: {
                    enableKinetic: true
                }
            }),
            click: new Openlayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                url: 'http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms',
                title: 'Identify features by clicking',
                layers: [water],
                queryVisible: true
            }),
            geolocate
            //infoControls
            //selectControl
        ],

P.S.  I realize that http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms probably does not return in geoJSON.  At this point I am just trying to get the application to call a WMS.  I will deal with making sure that the WMS service I use is returning geoJSON.

Thanks