[OpenLayers-Users] OL and GIS JEE applications

Ignacio Talavera ignacio.talavera at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:24:49 EST 2011

Hi, I've been using OL and I'm working with GIS JEE applications.
I'm using JSF components merged with OL and for the Persistence tier (JPA)
I'm using Hibernate Spatial (HSpatial).
I've been searching a solution for editing Features within this context.
Unfortunately WFS-T doesn't  fits it because is an HTTP Protocol
that talk directly to the Feature Server breaking JEE model.
For all these reasons I need a protocol  that send serialized features to
the JSF web tier,
so that features remains in it and I could persist features like JPA
entities with HSpatial.

I'm not a OL developer so I don't know its model in details. My question is:
which is the most suitable form or where is more appropiate implement such
capability?
Sorry for my bad English, :P
Regards
Nacho