[OpenLayers-Users] OL and GIS JEE applications

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Feb 16 02:09:32 EST 2011

On Tuesday, February 15, 2011, Ignacio Talavera
<ignacio.talavera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've been using OL and I'm working with GIS JEE applications. I'm using JSF components merged with OL and for the Persistence tier (JPA) I'm using Hibernate Spatial (HSpatial).I've been searching a solution for editing Features within this context. Unfortunately WFS-T doesn't  fits it because is an HTTP Protocol
> that talk directly to the Feature Server breaking JEE model. For all these reasons I need a protocol  that send serialized features to the JSF web tier,so that features remains in it and I could persist features like JPA entities with HSpatial.
>
> I'm not a OL developer so I don't know its model in details. My question is: which is the most suitable form or where is more appropiate implement such capability? Sorry for my bad English, :P
> Regards

Hi. We have a GeoJSON serializer/deserializer in the MapFish SVN [*],
that you might find useful for what you want to do. It is expected to
integrate well with Hibernate Spatial.

[*] <http://svn.mapfish.org/svn/mapfish/contribs/java-geojson/trunk/>

--
Eric Lemoine