[OpenLayers-Users] cluster strategy

Mihai Visan misuvn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:29:09 EST 2011

Hi everyone

I have a problem I can’t solve by over a month now. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

If I can solve this problem my project is finished.

here is my problem:

(my base layer is an image)

I have a vector layer with over 1k points and growing. I use cluster strategy to optimize render time, but when I zoom in is getting worse then I didn’t use cluster strategy, so I have to optimize this strategy. This is what solutions I found so far:

1. use BBOX strategy
    Solved but have no effect

2. disable cluster strategy at certain zoom level.
    Problems:     2.1. I don’t know how to read current zoom
                        2.2. I don’t know to disable cluster strategy

3. use (BBOX strategy and) ajax to disable features outside visible bounds
    Problems:    3.1. I don’t know how to read visible bounds
                       3.2. I don’t know  how to integrate ajax with (BBOX and) mouse drag or zoom in/out

4. Any other solutions?

BIG THANKS FOR HELP