[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature and Navigation controls can't be used together?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 16:39:38 EST 2011

Hi,

I asked about this a while back but now I've pinned down the source of the problem a bit more definitively.

The problem is to do with the vector features on www.free-map.org.uk. If you click on them, a popup comes up. However, if you change mode to "Distance" (or any other mode) then back to
"Normal", the ability to click on the markers is lost. The navigation control is deactivated when the user switches to a mode other than 'Normal', then reactivated when they return
to 'Normal' mode.

It looks like reactivating the navigation control effects the SelectFeature control. I can change the SelectFeature so that the popup appears on hover rather than click (which works fine), but is it possible
to have a 'selectable on click' SelectFeature and Navigation control activated at the same time? I've seen one or two old threads which suggest no - is this true?

Thanks,
Nick